DIY Salt Body Scrub
Is your skin dry and lack lustre from summer exposure? Autumn is a great time to rejuvenate your skin. Here is a simple treatment you can do on yourself, that is relatively inexpensive and your body will love you for it!
Salt Body Scrub Ingredients
- Good quality rock or Himalayan salt.
- Organic base oil (eg: avocado, almond, macadamia)
- Organic Essential Oils of your choice I used 1/4 salt to 3/4 base oil in a small glass jar.
- Grind the salt so that it is fine, but still has some ‘roughness’.
- Add your Essential Oil(s).
- Prepare yourself to stand in the shower.
- Place your jar and a teaspoon on the shower ledge.
- Mix the salt & oils with the teaspoon.
- Place half a teaspoon of mixture on your hands and massage.
- Begin with the legs and work your way up. ensure you pay attention to the groins and armpits, where lymph glands reside.
- Doing your face is optional.
- If doing the soles of the feet, be aware of potentially slippery oily feet.
- Rinse off salt under tepid shower. Pat body dry.
- Removal of dead skin and associated microorganisms
- Soft healthy looking skin
- Improved circulation
- Simple detoxing – our skin is the largest detox organ in the body
- General feeling of well being
- Time out for YOU!