Leaky Gut Syndrome
Christmas holidays are over. Now is a great time to rest the gut with a green smoothie daily for a month or so.Benefits of Green Smoothie:
- As a natural anti inflammatory team: cucumber, baby spinach, cinnamon, blueberries, collard greens, avocado.
- Prebiotics: Removal of impurities and toxins. This assists in re-balancing natural flora. Include bananas, greens, flaxseed meal, apple skin, tomatoes
- More energy: contrary to popular belief, sugary foods deplete your energy. Having a green smoothie will lighten your day.
- Stops the 3pm – 5pm sugar craving, especially when you have a green smoothie for lunch or afternoon tea.
- Combination of vital minerals, vitamins, healthy oils.
What is leaky gut syndrome?
- Medically, it is a mystery.
- At My Wellness Centre Perth, we see all too common the cramping symptoms: bloating, excessive wind, abdominal pain & discomfort, bowel irregularities.
- These increase with low quality foods, often consumed during the Festive Season: chocolates, candies, sweets, cakes, sweetened cream, potato chips, soft drinks, alcohol, breads.
- Inflammation of the bowel is thought to be the underlying cause.
- The gut is now considered to be the ‘second brain’. With inflammation, it is no surprise people are becoming more foggy headed, having increasing difficulties with concentration and memory post Christmas.
- Leaky gut syndrome can also increase visceral fat – the inflammatory fat that wraps around the organs. A precursor to more serious chronic disease.
- Symptoms of leaky gut syndrome may be mild and transient. Be rest assured: a long-term unhealthy eating lifestyle will result in an unhealthy gut…and unhealthy brain.
To Reduce Symptoms of Leaky Gut Syndrome
My Favorite Recipe:
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- bok choy leaves
- baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 green apple
- Bulletproof MCT coconut oil**
- Enduracell broccoli sprouts powder**
- bee pollen
- coconut water**
- 2 ice cubes
** Available from My Wellness Centre email@example.com